Effective Date: November 1, 2018
- "Content" refers to any and all videos, text, photos, information and other content provided by Soda.
- “User” means any person who accesses or uses the Website in any manner, including you. References to “access” and/or “use” of the Website (and any variations thereof) include the acts of accessing or browsing the Website.
- “Website” means any and all websites owned or operated by Soda (including the website currently located at www.sodasays.com), through which access to the Content is available. References to the "Website" include any and all related features, functionality, tools, and content.
Information you provide to use – We collect information that you provide directly to us, including when you make a purchase, update your e-mail preferences, respond to a survey or provide other feedback about the Website, or contact us with questions or comments about the Website.
We will not ask for or request sensitive information such as government identifiers, medical information, or financial information (except in connection to payments). Please do not provide this information to us through e-mails, feedback forms or in any other way unless specifically requested.Information Generated from Use of the Website
We also collect certain technical information when you access, browse and use our Website, including information that we automatically receive and record from your browser or mobile platform on our server logs. This technical information helps us operate and provide our Website to you, and includes standard information about visits and system capabilities, such as:
- information about the device(s) you use to access our Website, including MAC address, IP address, browser type and version, your location, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, device type, device and application identifiers, operating information, mobile carrier, and cookies;
- information about your visits to the Website, including the full URL clickstream to, through, and from the Website, including dates and times;
- information we need and use to facilitate your use of our Website (including to provide access to third party websites and services), such as URL requests, destination IP addresses, or device configuration details;
- pages you view, searches you run, length of time browsing search results, specific search results you select to view, length of visits to other pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), your engagement with certain variable/dynamic elements of a page and methods used to browse away from the page; and
- page response times and download errors.
Some of the information we collect is generated using cookies and beacons. For more details about cookies, beacons, and your choices, see Cookies and Beacons below.Social Media Integration
Our Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from social media platforms. You may choose to connect to us through a social media platform, such as Facebook or Twitter, and when you do, we may collect additional information from you, such as your screen names, profile picture, contact information, contact list, and the profile pictures of your contacts, through the social media platform ("Social Media Information"). Please be advised that social media platforms may also collect information from you. When you click on a social plug-in, such as Facebook’s “Like” button, Twitter’s “tweet” button or the Google+, that particular social network’s plugin will be activated and your browser will directly connect to that provider’s servers. We do not have control over the collection, use and sharing practices of social media platforms and encourage you to review their usage and disclosure policies and practices, including the data security practices, before using the social media platforms.How Information May Be Used
Personally Identifiable Information – Some of the information we collect through your use of our Website or communications with us may personally identify you (“Personally Identifiable Information”). The types of Personally Identifiable Information you may submit in connection with use of the Website include:
- contact information (such as name, shipping and billing addresses, email address and telephone number);
- payment card information and other billing information (such as card image, card number, cardholder name, expiration date and card verification code);
- Social Media Information; and
- geographic location.
Other data derived from your use of the Website is treated as "Non-Personally Identifiable Information," unless it is combined with Personally Identifiable Information, or unless otherwise required by applicable law.
We may use the Personally Identifiable Information we collect, to:
- provide the Website to you;
- operate our Website, including access management, Website administration, internal operations, troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- send you information that enables you to use our Website;
- respond to your requests, feedback or inquiries;
- notify you about updates, information, or alerts regarding our Website;
- process payments;
- comply with laws, regulations, and other legal requirements;
- comply with relevant industry standards and our policies;
- protect and enforce our rights arising under any agreements entered into between you and us, including billing and collection;
- protect the integrity and maintain the security of our Website, including secured areas of the Website;
- operate, evaluate and improve our business, including conducting surveys and market research, developing new products, services, and promotions (such as, for example, special events, programs, offers, contests), analyzing and enhancing existing products, services, and promotions, managing our communications; performing accounting, auditing, and other internal functions;
- provide you with information and advertisements about products, services, and promotions, from us or third parties, that may interest you; and
- administer your participation in such products, services, and promotions.
In addition, we may use your information as described in any notice provided at the time you provide the information; and for any other purpose for which you may provide consent.Non-Personally Identifiable Information
In addition to the uses described above, we may also use Non-Personally Identifiable Information to:
- deliver content tailored to your interests and the manner in which you use our Website; and
- present content in a manner that is optimized for your device.
We may also combine technical information, or Non-Personally Identifiable Information, about your use of our Website with information that we obtain from other Users to use in an aggregate or anonymous manner for similar purposes.How Information May Be Shared
Personally Identifiable Information – We will not sell or share your Personally Identifiable Information with third parties for the third party's own direct marketing purposes without your express consent.
We may share Personally Identifiable Information with:
- our parents, subsidiaries and affiliates;
- a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, liquidation, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which Personally Identifiable Information held by us about our Users is among the assets transferred;
- other third parties with your express consent for any purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; and
- you, upon your written request.
We may also disclose Personally Identifiable Information with law enforcement agencies, government officials, or other third parties as necessary for the purpose of:
- complying with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- preventing fraud and providing credit risk reduction;
- protecting the assets or property, and enforcing the rights of Soda, including for billing and collection purposes; and
- protecting the rights, property, or safety of our Users or others.
In the event that we receive a request from a governmental entity to provide it with your Personally Identifiable Information, we will make reasonable attempts to notify you of such request, to the extent reasonably possible and legally permissible.Notice to California Residents / Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code permits California residents to request that we not share your Personally Identifiable Information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident, you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request information regarding how we share Personally Identifiable Information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes and/or to request that such information not be shared with third parties for such purposes.Non-Personally Identifiable Information
In addition, we may share Non-Personally Identifiable Information, including aggregated or anonymized data:
- to our partners about how our users, collectively, use our Website, so that our partners may also understand how often people purchase their goods and use our Website;
- with analytics, search engine, or other service providers that help us improve our Website;
- to report to our affiliates, licensors and service providers about the use of various aspects of the Website; and
- with other Users or prospective Users of the Website.
- Browser Cookies – A browser cookie is a small file placed on the hard drive of your computer. That cookie then communicates with servers, ours or those of other companies that we authorize to collect data for us, and allows recognition of your personal computer. We do not collect Personally Identifiable Information from browser cookies and we do not associate browser cookies with your Personally Identifiable Information.
You may use the tools available on your computer or other device to set your browser to refuse or disable all or some browser cookies, or to alert you when cookies are being set. However, if you refuse or disable all browser cookies, you may be unable to access certain parts or use certain features or functionality of our Website.
- Flash Cookies – Certain features of our Website may use locally stored objects called flash cookies to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on our Website. We also include cookies in our third party hosted video players to count the number of unique views. The cookies do not identify you as an individual or track your online behavior. We do not collect Personally Identifiable Information from flash cookies and we will not associate them with your Personally Identifiable Information.
Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. To learn how you can manage your Flash cookie settings, visit the Flash player settings page on Adobe’s website. If you disable or refuse Flash cookies, please note that some parts of our Website may be inaccessible or may not function properly.
- Beacons – Our Website and e-mails may contain small electronic files known as beacons (also referred to as web beacons, clear GIFs, pixel tags and single-pixel GIFs) that permit us to, for example, count Users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other website-related statistics. Beacons in e-mail marketing campaigns allow us to track your responses and your interests in our content, offerings and web pages. You may use the tools in your device to disable these technologies as well.
We offer you certain choices in connection with the information we collect from you.
Email Communications – You may have the opportunity to receive certain communications from us related to our Website. If you provide us with your e-mail address in order to receive communications, you can opt out of marketing e-mails at any time by following the instructions at the bottom of our e-mails and adjusting your e-mail preferences. Please note that certain e-mails may be necessary for the operation of our Website. You will continue to receive these e-mails, if appropriate, even if you unsubscribe from our optional communications.
Cookies/ Beacons – If you wish to minimize information collected by cookie or beacon, you can adjust the settings of your browsers to notify you when you receive a cookie, which lets you choose whether or not to accept it. You can also set your browser to automatically reject any cookies. You may also be able to install plug-ins and add-ins that serve similar functions. However, please be aware that some features and services on our Website may not work properly. In addition, the offers we provide when you visit us may not be as relevant to you or tailored to your interests.
Network Advertising Initiative – Certain websites you visit may provide options regarding advertisements you receive. If you wish to minimize the amount of targeted advertising you receive, you can opt out of certain network advertising programs through the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) Opt–Out Page. Please note that even if you choose to remove your information (opt out) you will still see advertisements while you're browsing online. However the advertisements you see may be less relevant to you. For more information or to opt out of certain online behavioral advertising, please visit http://www.aboutads.info. Additionally, many advertising network programs allow you to view and manage the interest categories that they have compiled from your online browsing activities. These interest categories help determine the types of targeted advertisements you may receive. The NAI Opt–Out Page provides a tool that identifies its member companies that have cookies on your browser and provides links to those companies.
Do Not Track – Some browsers support a “Do Not Track” (or, DNT) feature, a privacy preference that Users can set in certain web browsers, which is intended to be a signal to websites and services that you do not wish to be tracked across different websites or online services you visit. Our Website does not currently recognize or respond to DNT signals, so DNT settings do not change the way the Website operates. Please note that we cannot control how third party websites or online services you visit through our Website respond to Do Not Track signals. Check the privacy policies of those third parties for information on their privacy practices.
Updating or Deleting Information – The accuracy of the information we have about you is very important. To review, correct or delete your Personally Identifiable Information, please contact us at email@example.comSecuring Your Information
The security of your information is important to Soda, and we have established administrative, technical, and physical safeguards designed to protect your Personally Identifiable Information against unauthorized alteration, access, loss, theft, use or disclosure. Unfortunately, no system can guarantee complete security of your information. As a result, Soda cannot ensure or warrant that your information, including your Personally Identifiable Information, is secure from unauthorized third parties. Thus, your use of the Website and communication with us about them is at your own risk.
You are responsible for the security of information that you transmit to us over the internet.
If you have reason to believe that your interaction with the Website is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of your email has been compromised), you must immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us.Children
Our Website is directed to and is intended to be used only by persons who are 18 years of age or older. We do not knowingly collect information from children under 18. If you are under 18 years of age, you are not permitted to submit any Personally Identifiable Information to us, including your name, address or e-mail address. If we discover that we have collected any Personally Identifiable Information from a child under the age of 18, we will remove that information from our database as soon as possible. By submitting any Personally Identifiable Information to us, you represent and warrant that you are 18 years of age or older.Links to third party websites
Soda Says Inc.
c/o Broadwalk Ltd
Unit 34, Spectrum House
32-34 Gordon House Road
London NW5 1LP